Sunday, September 13, 2020

Iron Apocalypse - 1

 



Welcome to another challenge that I'm going to work on.  This is the Iron Apocalypse.  I know, I already completed an apocalypse challenge 5 years ago (well, also one 9 years ago), but this one is just for fun.


My founder is this guy right here.  The somewhat ugly Paul Irons.

Paul: That's mean.

Paul is a Fortune sim who wants to own 5 top level businesses.  He's also a Leo (3/9/5/4/4) and likes stink and sims in a high-level career, but doesn't like full face make-up.

Pity I deleted all of the sims from the main neighbourhood, including the townies.  Don't worry; I'll generate a few later on.


Paul: Now no one can enter.

You stole the in-dorm computer, didn't you?

Paul: This lot was made in 2005.  That computer would be, like, $100 today.


Paul: Psychology major?

Yeah, I figured it would be beneficial at the start of the challenge.

Paul: Not Art?  Not Biology?

Listen, I have a strategy.  I want you to unlock Education first, have your wife get Adventure second, and then your kids will be in the home stretch skills wise.


Paul: This is so embarrassing.  I'm losing to myself.


Paul: Who writes an entire paper the day before it's due?

Uh, me.  Well, with my current school, it's due whenever which makes me feel on top of things.

Paul: What about the course you don't have control over that you seem to be avoiding.

Shush.  I'll read the rest of that chapter when I get to it.


Paul's first friend on campus was Andrea Trimble aka the girl whose hat matched her shirt.

Paul: 2004 called, it wants it's fashion back.

Andrea: At least my mesh is smooth.


Paul: Who pays bills in college?

Anyone who wants to keep a good credit score.

Paul: The world is coming to an end the minute I graduate.  Who cares if I declare bankruptcy?


Paul: Also, why do I smell so good?

Really should have rethought those turn-ons.


Well, that first semester went by quickly.

Paul: Everything goes by quickly when you force me to skill.  I'm not a knowledge sim; I don't need to maximize everything.

Your part of the challenge will be the hardest.  Just let me do this!


Don't get too used to this, Paul.  Dancing will be banned soon.

Paul: Shut up and stop being a buzzkill.


Paul's other friend here at college is Chris.  At least I think his name is Chris.

Paul: Who are you again?

Chris: I'm just a generic dormie whose name changes every time La Fiesta Tech is installed in a neighbourhood.


Semester two went by quickly and soon it was winter.

Paul: Hey, why do I have to deal with this now?  I'm probably going to spend my life in a permanent winter.  Let me use my aspiration points.


Paul: Sweet.

For the sake of it being the pre-game, Paul gets to live in permanent autumn until he graduates.


Paul: You set me up.

It was a compromise.  You get to be warm, I get to see you skill.


Paul: Ugh... you bastard!

Cow Mascot: It's kind of my job.

Paul: Now I have to put on that stupid helmet and earn cleaning skill points.


Paul: That's right, Ben- fight my battles for me!


Paul: You never said I had to put out quality work.


Paul: Kind of pointless making me work in this cafeteria seeing as none of the money I earn at college will make it to my household income.

He's right.


So Sophomore year ended for Paul and he was almost complete all of his skills.


Paul: Home stretch.


ANNNNNNNNNNNND FINISHED!

Paul: Now can I go smell my armpits again?

Gross.


Paul only had two dormies I could choose from since, for some reason, I made him be straight.

Tosha he had no bolts with.


But Andrea?  One bolt.  That's all it took for ACR to bring them together.


They're either going to make really cute babies or really ugly babies.  Or both.


During his Senior year, I sent Paul out to make some more friends since he wouldn't have access to his phone unless it was Tuesday from noon to midnight.  Plus I have no townies in the main neighbourhood yet, so there will be no walk-bys (and he can't chat up NPCs due to the Intelligence rules).


Paul: All of you are generic and expendable.  I hope that, once my children or their children come to college, you make them feel welcome.

At least one of the dormies: You're a dick.


Paul: You have a phone I can reach you at, right?

Frances: Uh... yes?

Paul: Perfect!  Expect calls every Tuesday.


Paul: Andrea, will you do me the honour of wearing ugly clothes with me for our entire adulthood while we starve to death?

Andrea: I lack foresight, so yes I will!


We officially have a 4.0 in Psychology.

Paul: Can I get a Master's degree?

Not in this game.



Well, it could be worse.



This is the apocalypse house so far.  Pretty generic for the start of one of these challenges.  Fun Fact: I didn't realize you could place a driveway piece on the lawn and sims could just drive off of it until later.


Paul: *glug*


Fridge: Daily Access has now been terminated.  Thank you for playing The Apocalypse TM

Paul: Well that's shitty.



Paul: Uh... it only says that there's a job in the Business career.

Shit.  Guess I have to be flexible for now.


You shouldn't have had that milk, man.


I was super close to losing the challenge in 24 hours.  Thank god for irregular sleep schedules.


Paul: Even this is too stinky for me.

Now do you understand why I made you get all your skill points in college?


Paul: Uh... do you mind?


Social Bunny: OH GOD!  Just take the topped up social bar and let me leave!


Paul: I just had the strangest thing happen to me... yeah, this rabbit just showed up in my home... this is going to be a weird challenge, isn't it?


Newly Generated Hobby Lady: Would you like to join my book club?

Paul: Would you like to not break my locks just to get in here?


Paul: This thing could at least up my hygiene bar if it's going to soak me.


Nearly a week in before Paul here got his first promotion.

Paul: This is not going well, is it?


Any luck looking for a new job?

Paul: Paranormal is open.  Want to be able to move my grave?

Not just yet.


Paul: I'm going to die before Andrea moves in, aren't it?


By sheer dumb luck, a position in the Education field opened up the next day.

Paul: This better be a good sign.



Education really must be the one for Paul because he kept getting promotion after promotion.

(I still didn't realize I could place a junker car without a full driveway and it would be able to drive off the lot)


Paul: Andrea, hey.  Good news- you'll be here by next week at the rate I'm going.



More promotions.

Wear a coat, dumbass.


More sinks breaking.


More of the home being upgraded to accommodate future generations.  Two walls at a time.


Level 9 on a Friday with one day off until his next promotion.  Time to just survive.

Paul: Maybe I should meditate.

Can't do that under these rules.


Social Bunny: Oh good, you have clothes on this time.

Paul: Why do you people keep breaking into my house?


And Hopelessness and Education are unlocked.  That means:
- Spouses/Pets can move in
- Teens can go to school
- Sims can teach each other via career rewards
- Knowledge aspiration perks can be used
- No rolling aspirations
- Family aspiration perks can be used


Now to wait until Tuesday.

Paul: Thank god it's my day off.


Gotta get as clean as possible for Andrea so this doesn't look as bad as it is.



Moment of truth.  What are we working with, Andrea Trimble?


Fortune Sim who wants to make $100,000.  Gemini (4/7/8/3/3).  She likes Brown hair and the mechanical skill, but not the charisma skill.

Interesting.


Andrea: Oh look, a job in the Adventure career.

Thank you!  Please don't screw this up.


I realized at this point that, due to Medicine still being restricted, these two would have to Try for Baby.

And Military is restricted, so she can't walk to work.

So we need a car.


Benefits of Paul having 10 mechanical skill points: this is going to be a breeze.  I probably should have had him make a car in college.  Damn it.


Since they need things to be official-official (or else the baby will have Trimble as a surname), Paul and Andrea got married.



Andrea: Can't you make this thing pink?

It's a family car.  It's meant for everyone- not just you.


Paul: Did you wash your hands before you got in bed with me?

Andrea: Yeah.

Paul: Wish you didn't.



It's official.  The Irons are having an apocalypse baby.

Paul: I smell ripe.

Really not necessary right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment